Environmental, Social and Governance Considerations
At Material Change, we take Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) obligations seriously and they are our guiding principles in all that we do. We participate in GRESB which measures our ESG credentials on an annual basis and requires us to monitor our performance against ESG targets we set ourselves.
We would like to share with you information on our ESG performance in the last year:
- Our GRESB reporting AD sites produced 226,593 MWh of green fuels fed directly into the National gas and electricity grids.
- The greenhouse gas emissions avoided by our AD operations in 2021/2022 were 20,434 tCO2e
- We processed 114,369 tonnes of waste. All waste was recycled to produce PAS100 compliant compost other than 212.30 tonnes of contamination which was sent to landfill. This equates to a recycling rate in excess of 99%.
- All water runoff at our AD sites is recycled into our AD plants
- We maintained our ISO9001 and 14001 accreditations and also added Bay Farm and Euston AD plants to our ISO9001 scheme – this means that the CO2 produced at the site is quality controlled and ISO9001 certified.
- We have maintained our good Health and Safety record with no RIDDOR reportable incidents in the last 3 years and 9 months
- We only had one lost time injury (4 hours) from a total 136,252 working hours
- Near Miss reporting continued to be a valuable part of our incident reduction management scheme with staff demonstrating a good understanding the importance of near miss reporting to prevent accidents.
- We have a monthly health and safety award to recognise staff contribution to health and safety.
- Our Health and Safety committee met monthly to review incidents and to monitor for H&S trends.
- The results of our staff survey shows that;
a. 95% of staff felt that MCL were fully committed to supporting and carrying about its staff
b. 84% felt that MCL agreed or strongly agreed that MCL were committed to health and safety
c. No staff felt that they worked in an unsafe environment
- Our GRESB score increased from 78% in 2020/21 to 91% in 2021/2022 demonstrating a significant improvement in our ESG performance and commitment
If you would like to discuss any of our results or require more information on our ESG performance then please speak to Hannah Miles on 01933 408 193. You may also be interested in our Annual Sustainability Report which can be accessed here
Click HERE to view our GRESB Stakeholder Engagement Plan
Click HERE to view our Letter to Suppliers re ESG Activities
You can access our Health & Safety Policy HERE
Request a Call BackRequest a Call Back
If you would like to talk to one of the team please use the below contact form